Monday, February 4, 2013

Perri Family



My Papap's Grandmother in Calabria

I've had a few people ask how I'm related to my Italian family so I made a little family tree to explain! My Papap Tony came to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the 1950s from Rome. Him and his brother, my late Uncle Peter, were born in Martirano, Calabria in the southern part of Italy. I'm so happy to have met my Uncle Pietro and his sons, my second cousins, Gianni and Tony, a few years ago with their families.  I know I've said it before, but a Perri is a Perri and even though we've only known each other a few years they have welcomed me into their lives as if they've known me since the day I was born!

In about a month when my family visits we will all travel to Calabria to see where my Papap was born! This month is full of trips around Italy, so stay tuned!

Rose Perri with my Papap


Papap in the 1950s in Pittsburgh

Nona and Papap in the 1950s

Post compiled by: Annie Perri Cole (my sister) 






1 comment:

  1. Excellent post ladies. You are both so lucky to have such a rich family history!

    ReplyDelete